Good morning, people of Indianapolis! It’s me again, Miranda Fraraccio, your host of the Indianapolis Daily.
First, today’s weather:
Partly sunny and cooler. High: 47 Low: 32.
Here are the top stories today in Indianapolis:
- Two people were shot and injured on the near west side on Friday morning. Police were called to the 700 block of N. Tremont Street near Michigan and Belmont for a reported shooting, however when they arrived at the crime scene, there were no victims. The two male victims were located at Eskenazi Hospital where one person is in critical condition, and the other’s condition is described as “serious but stable.” (Fox 59)
- IMPD is sharing tips on how to prevent package theft after a couple porch pirates stole a package filled with medical supplies from an Indianapolis nurse. Patricia Stewart is a local nurse who ordered some medical supplies for her sister living in a nursing home, however 14 minutes after her package was delivered to her doorstep, it was stolen. The thieves were caught on her Ring doorbell camera and were rumored to have been following delivery trucks. (CBS4)
- Lucas Oil Stadium is expected to see at least $22 million in upgrades in 2022, as part of an improvement plan written into contracts when the venue was first built. (Indianapolis Business Journal)
- The Indiana State Police post in Indianapolis have added a new police dog to the squad, a German Shepherd named Koda. (WISHTV.com)
- The Indianapolis Zoo’s Christmas at the Zoo has been named Indy’s best holiday experience. (Fox 59)
Today in Indianapolis:
- Christmas Dinner & Auction – Servants Heart of Indy, Inc (12:00 AM)
- Shopping Saturday – Irvington Historical Society (12:00 AM)
- Breakfast With Santa and Santa’s Sweet Shop – Masonic Lodge (8:00 AM)
- Broad Ripple Farmers Market – Broad Ripple Farmers Market (9:00 AM)
- Holiday Party – Gateway Classic Cars of Indianapolis (10:00 AM)
- 2021 Holiday Author Fair – Indiana Historical Society (12:00 PM)
From our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
You’re all caught up for today. I’ll see you around! If you’re into these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to read along. You can send them this link to subscribe.
— Miranda Fraraccio
About me: Miranda Fraraccio is a born and raised Rhode Islander. She works as a freelance copywriter for content creation agency Lightning Media Partners and as an assistant producer for a live-lit storytelling show in Chicago. She holds a degree in Writing & Rhetoric and Communication Studies from The University of Rhode Island. In her free time, you can find her traveling, hiking, or photographing her neighborhood as a street photographer.