Happy Thursday, neighbors! Here’s everything you need to know to get this day started. Here’s everything you need to know today in McKinney-Frisco.
First, today’s weather:
Very windy; partly sunny. High: 71 Low: 48.
Here are the top stories in McKinney-Frisco today:
- Frisco-area siblings 14-year-old Ishaan Thakur and 9-year-old Aanya Thakur have started their own crypto mining business. The two first got started after watching a series of YouTube videos on crypto mining, before dismantling Ishaan’s gaming computer and turning it into a mining machine. After school, they make their way inside the garage of their home to configure graphics cards into problem-solving mathematicians and check the status of their operations. (Spectrum News)
- Census results are in, and the city of McKinney is using the data to keep tabs on and plan for the city’s changing and growing population. McKinney’s population is on the cusp of breaking the 200,000 mark, showing a 49% increase in residents over the last 10 years. As McKinney grows, city staff are planning for the increased demand for public services. (Community Impact Newspaper)
- Two Frisco ISD Cross Country Runners earned medals at the Regional Championships. (Press Release Desk)
- Portillo’s famous hot dogs are coming to Frisco in 2022. (Local Profile)
- Hank’s Texas Grill in McKinney is slated to reopen following renovations. (Community Impact Newspaper)
Today’s McKinney-Frisco Daily is brought to you by Newrez, a leading nationwide mortgage lender. Planning to buy or refinance a home? Here’s what you need to know about the five types of mortgage loans (and which one is right for you). Make a smart move for your future and refinance with Newrez. Call 844-979-1707 to connect with a Newrez loan officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS #3013)
Today in McKinney-Frisco:
- McKinney Community Development Corporation Board Meeting (8:00 AM)
- Tech Help for Seniors (Adults)- Come and Go (10:15 AM)
- Bingo Night at SRC – McKinney Parks and Recreation (6:00 PM)
- Fall Festival Special Needs Night (6:00 PM)
- Town Hall – George a. Purefoy Municipal Center (7:00 PM)
- Crafty Adults (Adults)- Ticketed – John and Judy Gay Library (7:00 PM)
From our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Now you’re in the loop and ready to head out the door on this Thursday. I’ll see you soon! If you’re into these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to follow along. You can send them this link to subscribe.
— Nicole Fallon-Peek
About me: Nicole Fallon-Peek is a journalist and copywriter with a degree in Media, Culture and Communication from New York University. She has served as a freelance reporter, managing editor, copy editor, and editorial director for a variety of B2B news outlets. She currently co-owns and operates content creation agency Lightning Media Partners.