S. Korean Investment Firm Hashed Under Tax Investigation
South Korean crypto investment firm Hashed is being investigated by Seoul tax authorities, CoinDesk Korea reported on Tuesday.
- The 4th Bureau of Investigation of Seoul’s Regional Tax office, which is handling Hashed’s case, is responsible for cases of tax evasion and fraud, according to the report. The reason for the audit hasn’t been disclosed.
- No company investigated by the 4th bureau has been reported for prosecution in the past year, CoinDesk Korea noted, concluding that it is unlikely that Hashed will be.
- The investment firm announced a $200 million fundraising for Web 3 projects just last week, adding to its $120 million from December of last year. It is one of the most well-known S. Korean crypto investors; its portfolio includes games like Axie Infinity and The Sandbox, as well as Terra, the blockchain behind the LUNA token.
- Hashed told CoinDesk Korea that they cooperated with the investigation and handed over all the requested information.
- South Korean legislators last week decided to delay a new capital gains tax on crypto by one year.
Read more: South Korea Delays Plans to Tax Crypto to 2023