- Hackers stole $100 million worth of various cryptocurrencies on the Ethereum blockchain and $96 million on Binance Smart Chain, crypto security firm Peckshield revealed on Dec. 5.
- BitMart has completed an initial security check and identified affected assets, and it plans to compensate users out of its own pocket, Xia said.
- The exchange will announce a timetable to gradually continue deposits and withdrawals, he said, adding that he is “confident” they will resume on Dec. 7.
- The hacker used decentralized exchange aggregator 1inch to swap stolen tokens for ether, and deposited ether funds to privacy mixer Tornado Cash to hide their identities, Peckshield said.
- A $139 million hack of BXH Exchange in October was also the result of leaked administrator’s keys.