Dapper Labs, the creator of basketball collectible platform NBA Top Shot, is raising $13.5 million in an equity offering and is nearly halfway toward meeting the goal, according to a new regulatory filing.
- The company has raised $6.5 million to date from one investor. Dapper started accepting investments on Nov. 22.
- Sports non-fungible tokens (NFTs) are a booming area for investor support. In September alone, Dapper closed a $250 million funding round at a reported $7.6 billion valuation, and European football NFT platform Sorare raised $680 million at a $4.3 billion valuation.
- Since its founding in 2018, Dapper has raised a total of $607.5 million in private funding, according to Crunchbase data.
- Last month, Dapper signed a multiyear partnership with NBA star Kevin Durant’s sports media company Boardroom. The company also acquired influencer platform Brud and launched a unit focusing on decentralized autonomous organizations (DAOs).
- Dapper Labs did not immediately respond to a request for comment.